US STOCKS-Futures gain on tech results, Apple soars in premarket
* Tech results lift Nasdaq futures, Apple and Facebook rally
* Attention on Apple after announcing seven-for-one stock split
* U.S. shares of AstraZeneca up after results
* Futures up: Dow 50 pts, S&P 7.5 pts, Nasdaq 52 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, April 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Thursday, with Nasdaq futures jumping more than 1 percent following a pair of blowout results from technology stalwarts Apple and Facebook.
* Apple Inc in particular will be in focus a day after the most valuable U.S. company by market capitalization posted revenue that far outpaced expectations, helped by strong iPhone sales.
* The company also approved another $30 billion stock buyback plan, raised its dividend and authorized a seven-for-one stock split, broadening the stock's appeal to individual investors. Shares rose 7.7 percent to $565 in heavy premarket trading.
* Social media giant Facebook Inc posted a 72 percent jump in first-quarter revenue, lifted by its mobile advertising business. Shares rose 5 percent to $64.41 before the bell. Twitter Inc rose 1.2 percent to $46.50. Continuación...