CORRECTED-US STOCKS-Futures gain on earnings; Merck shares up in premarket
(Removes incorrect reference to 'monthly' in seventh paragraph on impending FOMC meeting)
* Merck quarterly profit tops estimate but revenue misses
* Twitter to report earnings after close
* EU sanctions 15 politicians, military leaders over Ukraine
* Futures up: Dow 46 pts; S&P 6 pts; Nasdaq 17.25 pts
NEW YORK, April 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures rose on Tuesday following a batch of early corporate results that were better than expected.
* Merck & Co Inc shares were up 4.1 percent in premarket trading after announcing its results. Britain's Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc also confirmed it was in talks to buy Merck & Co's consumer health business, the latest asset up for grabs in a wave of recent pharmaceutical deals.
* Sprint Corp shares rose 2.3 percent in premarket trading after announcing quarterly results.
* Twitter is due to report after the market closes Tuesday. Continuación...