US STOCKS-Wall St set for higher open on earnings; FOMC meeting on tap
* Merck quarterly profit tops estimate but revenue misses
* Twitter to report earnings after market close
* EU sanctions 15 politicians, military leaders over Ukraine
* Futures up: Dow 47 pts; S&P 5.8 pts; Nasdaq 13.25 pts
NEW YORK, April 29 (Reuters) - Wall Street was set for a higher open on Tuesday following a batch of earnings that were better than expected.
* Merck & Co Inc shares were up 1 percent in premarket trading after results. Britain's Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc confirmed talks to buy Merck's consumer health business, the latest asset up for grabs in a wave of recent pharmaceutical deals.
* Sprint Corp shares rose 3.5 percent in premarket trading after the No. 3 U.S. mobile provider reported an increase in quarterly revenue in line with analysts' expectations, due to a new billing plan that lowered wireless expenses.
* Twitter is due to report after the market closes Tuesday.
* Archer Daniels Midland Co shares fell 2 percent in premarket trading after its first-quarter profit and sales missed Wall Street estimates. Continuación...