US STOCKS-Futures flat with claims data on tap; Priceline gains
* Priceline climbs after results, Tesla tumbles
* Futures up: Dow 25 pts, S&P 1 pt, Nasdaq 2.5 pts
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, May 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Thursday, ahead of data on the labor market and as earnings season began to wind down.
* Weekly initial jobless claims data is due at 8:30 a.m. EDT (1230 GMT). Analysts expect claims to have fallen to 325,000 versus 344,000 in the prior week.
* Priceline Group Inc shares advanced 2.9 percent to $1,164 before the opening bell after the online travel agency reported a 36 percent rise in quarterly profit and gave its second-quarter forecast.
* Tesla Motors Inc dropped 8.6 percent to $184 in premarket trading after it offered an outlook for the second quarter on Wednesday that disappointed some investors.
* Of the 422 companies in the S&P 500 that had reported earnings through Wednesday morning, 68.2 percent beat expectations, above the 63 percent average since 1994, and exceeding the 66 percent beat rate for the past four quarters, according to Thomson Reuters data.
* Profits are expected to rise 5 percent this quarter, down from 6.5 percent estimated at the start of the year, but above the low of 0.6 percent in mid-April, according to Thomson Reuters data. Continuación...