CORRECTED-US STOCKS-Futures dip; Nasdaq set for worst weekly loss in four
(Corrects to show earnings data through Thursday morning, not Wednesday)
* Apple reportedly close to deal for Beats Electronics
* Omnicom Group, Publicis call off merger
* Rocket Fuel plunges after outlook
* Futures off: Dow 27 pts, S&P 3.75 pts, Nasdaq 12.25 pts
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, May 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures edged lower on Friday, putting the S&P 500 on track to closing a week of choppy trading with a slight decline, while the Nasdaq is on pace for its worst weekly decline in four.
* The S&P 500 has alternated between gains and losses each day this week, and the Nasdaq has dropped for three straight sessions - its longest losing streak since early April - amid a rout in Internet-related stocks.
* Apple Inc is close to paying a record $3.2 billion for Beats Electronics, two people with knowledge of the matter said, an expensive foray into music streaming and headphone gear. Apple shares were little changed in light premarket trading. Continuación...