US STOCKS-Futures point to flat open, consumer data awaited
* Micron rises in premarket after results
* Vertex soars on massive volume after clinical trial
* Data on housing, consumer confidence on tap
* Dow down 12 pts, S&P down 2.5 pts, Nasdaq up 0.75 pt (Adds Vertex and Walgreen news, updates prices)
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, June 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures pointed to a flat open on Tuesday, suggesting investors continued to search for direction following a sharp rally that took indexes to records last week.
* Equities had a quiet session on Monday, with trading volume light and moves so slight the S&P 500 had one of its narrowest intraday trading ranges ever, according to MKM Partners. That came after a six-day rally on the S&P that ended Friday, its longest streak since mid-April.
* While Wall Street's trend upward was still viewed as intact, investors looked for fresh catalysts to justify more robust gains, and recent economic data has been mixed.
* The latest economic indicators could give the market direction, with the April Case-Shiller report on home prices scheduled for release at 9:00 a.m. EDT (1300 GMT) and data on both consumer confidence and home sales due at 10:00 a.m. Continuación...