REFILE-US STOCKS-Futures edge slightly higher, but Alcoa up early
(Clarifies that American Airlines' revenue outlook was a touch lower at the higher end compared with its previous forecast in June. Earlier report had compared the outlook to the company's April forecast.)
* S&P 500's 14-day moving average watched as support
* Alcoa tops expectations; shares up in premarket
* Citigroup may pay $7 billion to resolve probe: source
* Futures up: Dow 17 pts, S&P 2.25 pts, Nasdaq 5 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, July 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures pointed to slight gains at the open on Wednesday, suggesting that even a positive early read on earnings was not enough to excite buyers after a sharp decline from record levels.
* The S&P 500 is coming off its biggest two-day slump since mid-May, with small-cap and Internet names among the biggest decliners. Despite heavy losses earlier this year, both groups continue to be hit by charges that they are overvalued.
* Alcoa Inc rose 2 percent to $15.14 in premarket trading a day after reporting second-quarter adjusted earnings and revenue that topped expectations. Continuación...