US STOCKS-Futures sharply lower ahead of payroll report
* Futures point to second day of sharp losses
* Investors look to payrolls for insight into rate policy
* Tesla, GoPro both slip in premarket after results
* Futures down: Dow 96 pts, S&P 11 pts, Nasdaq 24.25 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, Aug 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were sharply lower on Friday amid investor caution ahead of the July payroll report and its implications for interest rate policy.
* The decline in futures suggested that Thursday's dramatic selloff - the biggest for Wall Street in months - was poised to continue. That weakness came after data sparked worries the U.S. Federal Reserve could raise interest rates sooner than some have expected.
* Analysts expect 233,000 jobs to have been added in July, with the unemployment rate holding at 6.1 percent. The nonfarm payroll report will be released at 8:30 a.m. (1230 GMT)
* The Fed has kept overnight rates near zero since December 2008, but at its meeting on Wednesday it took note of both faster economic growth and a decline in the unemployment rate, while expressing concern about remaining slack in the labor market. Continuación...