US STOCKS-Futures climb, point to second week of gains
* Indexes set for second straight week of gains
* Investors await data on manufacturing, consumer sentiment
* Monster Beverage rallies, Coca-Cola takes stake
* Futures up: Dow 50 pts, S&P 5.25 pts, Nasdaq 14.5 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, Aug 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Friday, with major indexes on track for a second week of gains, as traders bet there would be no immediate escalation in the tense situations in Ukraine or Iraq.
* Recent trading has taken its cue from news overseas, with investors concerned about the potential impact of any exacerbation of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, or in violence in Iraq.
* Ukrainian border guards crossed the frontier to inspect a huge Russian aid convoy, which some had speculated could be a cover for a military invasion. The inspection comes a day after Russian President Vladimir Putin struck a softer tone in comments regarding Ukraine.
* In Iraq, Nuri al-Maliki stepped down as prime minister, paving the way for a new coalition that world and regional powers hope will be able to quash a Sunni Islamist insurgency that threatens Baghdad. Continuación...