US STOCKS-Wall Street gets lift from Home Depot results, data
* July housing starts top expectations
* Home Depot climbs after earnings, outlook
* Consumer prices barely rise in July
* Elizabeth Arden plunges after results
* Indexes up: Dow 0.26 pct, S&P 0.24 pct, Nasdaq 0.23 pc (Updates to market open, adds quote)
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, Aug 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday, after solid earnings from Home Depot and supportive economic data on inflation and the housing market.
Home Depot gained 4.1 percent to $86.99 as the biggest boost to both the Dow and S&P 500. The world's largest home improvement retailer reported earnings and revenue that topped Wall Street expectations and raised its full-year profit forecast.
"It's been very mixed in the retail world and a company like Home Depot, there is a multiplier effect there," said David Donabedian, chief investment officer at Atlantic Trust in Baltimore. Continuación...