US STOCKS-Futures little changed with Fed minutes on tap
* Lowe's Cos falls in premarket after cutting outlook
* Hertz tumbles after withdrawing forecast
* Fed minutes due at 2:00 p.m. EDT (1800 GMT)
* Futures: Dow off 1 pt, S&P off 0.25 pt, Nasdaq up 1.5 pts
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, Aug 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Wednesday after the S&P 500 notched two straight days of gains and ahead of the release of minutes from the most recent meeting of the Federal Reserve.
* Investors will peruse the Fed minutes, which will be released at 2:00 p.m. (1800 GMT), for clues on how soon the central bank plans to hike interest rates. At a two-day meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee in July, the Fed had trimmed its monthly bond-buying program by an additional $10 billion.
* An annual meeting of top central bankers in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, from Thursday through Saturday will also be eyed for possible insight into the path for U.S. monetary policy.
* The benchmark S&P 500 closed Tuesday within 10 points of its all-time intraday high of 1,991.39 reached on July 24, while the Nasdaq Composite extended gains and ended the session at yet another 14-year high. Continuación...