US STOCKS-Futures gain after Wal-Mart results; data on tap
* Wal-Mart climbs in premarket after results
* Initial jobless claims data on tap
* Futures up: Dow 44 pts, S&P 5.25 pts, Nasdaq 12.5 pts
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, Nov 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures advanced on Thursday, after the Dow and S&P snapped a five-day streak of record closing highs and ahead of data on the labor market.
* Wal-Mart shares advanced 2 percent to $80.75 in premarket trading after the retail giant posted its quarterly results.
* Weekly initial jobless claims data is due at 8:30 a.m. (1230 GMT). Expectations call for claims to inch up to 280,000 versus 278,000 in the prior week.
* The S&P 500 has rallied more than 9 percent from a six-month low in October, buoyed by supportive economic data and corporate earnings. For the year so far, it is up 10.3 percent.
* J.C. Penney shares fell 5.9 percent to $7.30 in premarket trading after it reported a smaller-than-expected quarterly loss Wednesday but said same-store sales were flat and slightly cut its full-year revenue forecast. Continuación...