US STOCKS-Futures edge up after Wal-Mart results; data on tap
* Wal-Mart climbs in premarket after results
* Berkshire Hathaway to buy Duracell from Procter & Gamble
* Initial jobless claims data on tap
* Futures up: Dow 16 pts, S&P 1.5 pts, Nasdaq 7.5 pts (Adds premarket data, updates prices)
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, Nov 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures advanced on Thursday, buoyed by earnings from Wal-Mart and ahead of data on the labor market.
* Wal-Mart shares advanced 2.3 percent to $81.02 in premarket trading after the retail giant posted a 2.9 percent increase in third-quarter revenue.
* Weekly initial jobless claims data is due at 8:30 a.m. (1230 GMT). Expectations call for claims to inch up to 280,000 versus 278,000 in the prior week.
* The S&P 500 has rallied more than 9 percent from a six-month low in October, buoyed by supportive economic data and corporate earnings. For the year so far, it is up 10.3 percent. Continuación...