US STOCKS-Futures flat ahead of retail sales, UMich data
* Retail sales, consumer sentiment data due
* Baker Hughes confirms merger talks with Halliburton
* Geron jumps on licensing deal with Johnson & Johnson
* Futures up: Dow 11 pts, S&P 1.5 pt, Nasdaq 2.75 pts (Adds premarket actives)
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, Nov 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Friday, with the S&P on track for a fourth straight weekly advance, ahead of data on retail sales and consumer sentiment.
* The Dow industrials closed at a record high on Thursday, boosted by gains in Wal-Mart, but the S&P 500 was little changed as energy shares tracked crude futures prices lower.
* Investors will eye October retail sales data at 8:30 a.m. EST (1230 GMT). Expectations call for a 0.2 percent rise versus the 0.3 decline in the prior month. Also due at 8:30 a.m. is data on import prices.
* The Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan preliminary November reading on consumer sentiment is expected later in the session at 9:55 a.m. (1355 GMT.) Expectations call for a reading of 87.5 versus the final October reading of 86.9. Continuación...