US STOCKS-Futures drop, but Netflix rallies early
* Wall St on an uptrend; Nasdaq near record
* Netflix rallies after results, SanDisk lower
* Jobless claims seen dropping by 1,000 in latest week
* Futures down: Dow 52 pts, S&P 7.5 pts, Nasdaq 10.5 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
April 16 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures edged lower on Thursday as investors continued to digest a corporate reporting season that has come in ahead of profit expectations but shows little in the way of organic growth.
* Of the 36 companies in the S&P 500 that have reported thus far, 81 percent have exceeded profit expectations, over the long-term average of 63 percent. Only 47 have beaten on revenue, however, below the historical average of 61 percent. That suggests companies are boosting their bottomlines with cost cuts rather than through business expansion.
* Among the positive reports, UnitedHealth Group Inc on Thursday reported strong earnings and revenue growth, sending shares up 3.5 percent to $121.44 in light premarket trading. Netflix Inc late Wednesday added more subscribers than projected in the first quarter, sending shares up 12 percent to $533.15 before the bell.
* On the downside, SanDisk Corp fell 9.3 percent to 464.50 in heavy premarket trading a day after forecasting a steeper-than-expected fall in full-year revenue. Continuación...