US STOCKS-Wall St tumbles to 2014 low as oil prices sink
* Nine of 10 S&P sectors lower
* Investors' fear gauge jumps 6 pct
* IBM down after poor results
* Netflix down despite strong subscriber growth
* Indexes end down: Dow 1.56 pct, S&P 1.17 pct, Nasdaq 0.12 pct (Updates to close)
By Noel Randewich
Jan 20 (Reuters) - Wall Street's recent selloff deepened on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 closing at its lowest in over a year as U.S. oil prices plummeted to 2003 lows.
The equities rout was widespread, hitting nine of the 10 major S&P sectors. The small-cap Russell's 2000 index fell 3.6 percent before reversing its loss late in the session.
The beaten-down S&P energy sector fell 2.93 percent, leading the losers. Exxon dropped 4.21 percent and Chevron slumped 3.10 percent. Continuación...