US STOCKS-Facebook 'likes' push Wall Street higher
* Crude pares some gains after sharp spike
* Facebook leads tech-fueled gains on Nasdaq
* Amazon.com tanks in extended trade following quarterly report
* Microsoft's quarterly profit pushes shares higher
* Indexes up: Dow 0.79 pct, S&P 0.55 pct, Nasdaq 0.86 pct (Adds detail on Microsoft results)
By Noel Randewich
Jan 28 (Reuters) - Wall Street climbed on Thursday as a blockbuster quarterly report from Facebook drove tech shares higher and a bounce in oil prices propped up the beleaguered energy sector.
Facebook surged 15.5 percent in its biggest one-day leap since 2013 after the digital advertising behemoth smashed expectations with a 52-percent jump in fourth-quarter revenue.
Helped also by a 4.28-percent gain in Alphabet, the S&P tech sector surged 1.48 percent. Continuación...