BRIEF-Petrobras, Shell, Galp start new FPSO oil ship in Lula Field
RIO DE JANEIRO, Feb 16 (Reuters) -
* Brazil's state-led Petroleo Brasileiro SA, Royal Dutch Shell Plc and Portugal's Galp Energia SGPS SA began operation of the Cidade de Maricá, a floating production, storage and offloading ship (FPSO).
* The FPSO is located in the Lula Alto area of the Lula Field in Brazil's Santos basin south of Rio de Janeiro.
* The Cidade de Maricá can produce up to 150,000 barrels a day of oil and 6 million cubic meters (212 million cubic feet) of natural gas a day.
* The Lula field is operated by Petrobras, as the state-led oil company is known, which also owns 65 percent of the field.
* Shell owns 25 percent and Galp 10 percent of Lula. Further company coverage:
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.