US STOCKS-Wall St rises as battered consumer, bank stocks gain favor
* Industrials sector up 2 pct, also leads rise
* Energy lags as oil prices reverse course to trade lower
* ADT surges on Apollo Global buyout offer
* Community Health slumps after unexpected loss
* Indexes up: Dow 1.29 pct, S&P 1.54 pct, Nasdaq 2.09 pct (Updates to late afternoon)
By Lewis Krauskopf
Feb 16 (Reuters) - Wall Street gained on Tuesday, extending a rally from Friday, as investors snapped up beaten-down consumer discretionary, industrial and financial stocks.
Following an extended holiday weekend, all 10 S&P sectors were higher in afternoon trading. Tech, healthcare and materials also posted gains of more than 1 percent.
Slumping oil prices, fears of a China-led slowdown in global growth and uncertainty over central bank monetary policies have roiled the markets this year. The S&P 500 is down about 7.4 percent in 2016. Continuación...