US STOCKS-Wall St ends flat as Fed meeting looms
* Starwood rises after unsolicited buyout proposal
* GW Pharma doubles after epilepsy drug trial succeeds
* Fresh Market shares jump on Apollo deal
* Oil prices fall as much as 4 pct
* Dow up 0.09 pct, S&P down 0.13 pct, Nasdaq up 0.04 pct (Updates to close)
By Laila Kearney
NEW YORK, March 14 (Reuters) - Wall Street closed little changed in light trading on Monday as consumer discretionary gains countered losses in energy shares and investors laid low ahead of a U.S. Federal Reserve meeting.
The Fed is not expected to raise interest rates at the two-day meeting, which begins on Tuesday, but investors will be on the lookout for clues about future hikes.
"If investors are inclined to make a bet, then they're better served by waiting a few days," said Jack Ablin, chief investment officer at BMO Private Bank in Chicago. Continuación...