US STOCKS-Wall St drops, Disney and Macy's slam consumer shares
* Disney tumbles after rare earnings miss
* Macy's weak report weighs on other retailers
* Fossil hits 6-1/2-year low on forecast cut
* Office Depot, Staples slump after calling off merger
* Indexes down: Dow 1.09 pct, S&P 0.76 pct, Nasdaq 0.69 pct (Updates to afternoon)
By Noel Randewich
May 11 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks dropped on Wednesday as feeble quarterly reports from Walt Disney, Macy's and Fossil reverberated across the consumer sector.
The consumer discretionary index fell 1.84 percent, on track for its worst day in three months, with all but six of its 88 components losing ground.
The biggest drag on the Dow, Disney dropped 4.4 percent after it posted a rare earnings miss. Continuación...