US STOCKS-Wall St slumps as Disney and Macy's slam consumer shares
* Dow Jones industrial average has worst session since Feb
* Disney tumbles after rare earnings miss
* Fossil slumps on forecast cut
* Office Depot, Staples slump after calling off merger
* Indexes end down: Dow 1.21 pct, S&P 0.96 pct, Nasdaq 1.02 pct (Updates to close)
By Noel Randewich
May 11 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks dropped on Wednesday and the Dow Jones industrial average suffered its worst day since February as feeble quarterly reports from Walt Disney, Macy's and Fossil undermined confidence across the consumer sector.
The consumer discretionary index fell 1.98 percent, notching its worst day in three months, with all but three of its 88 components losing ground.
The biggest drag on the Dow, Disney dropped 4.04 percent after it posted a rare earnings miss. Continuación...