US STOCKS-Wall St opens mixed ahead of homebuilder sentiment data
* Endo down after agreeing to buy Par Pharmaceutical
* Altera up on report of possible deal with Intel
* Ann rises after Ascena Retail takeover offer
* S&P closed at record-high on Friday
* Indexes: Dow up 0.05 pct, S&P down 0.02 pct, Nasdaq down 0.08 pct (Updates to open)
By Sweta Singh
May 18 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were mixed on Monday after a stream of weak economic data over the last week muddied the outlook for U.S. interest rates, making investors wary of taking big positions.
The market will get another clue on the state of the economy at 10 a.m. ET (1400 GMT) when the National Association of Homebuilders releases its monthly homebuilder confidence index.
If the index does not rise, as expected, stocks could rally, said Adam Sarhan, chief executive of Sarhan Capital in New York. Continuación...