US STOCKS-Wall St mixed as CPI data sparks rate hike timing doubts
* Core inflation at highest since January 2013
* Yellen speaks at 1:00 p.m.
* HP rises on low forecast for split-related costs
* Aeropostale slumps after results
* Indexes: Dow down 0.13 pct, S&P off 0.05 pct, Nasdaq up 0.16 pct (Updates to open, adds comment)
By Tanya Agrawal
May 22 (Reuters) - Wall Street was mixed in early trading on Friday as investors digested data that showed rising inflation pressure, casting fresh doubt on when the Federal Reserve would ultimately raise interest rates this year.
U.S. consumer prices moderated in April, data showed, but the so-called core consumer price index, which strips out food and energy costs, posted its largest gain since January 2013.
The data comes a few hours ahead of Fed Chair Janet Yellen's take on the economy that investors will peruse for clues on the timing of a rate hike. Continuación...