US STOCKS-Futures lower ahead of raft of data
* Futures down: Dow 10 pts, S&P 3.5 pts, Nasdaq 7 pts
By Tanya Agrawal
May 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were lower on Tuesday ahead of a raft of data and after Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen indicated that the central bank could raise interest rates this year.
* Yellen said on Friday a rate hike would be warranted this year if the economy keeps improving as expected.
* Investors will be keeping a keen eye on data through the day for signs that the economy is recovering after hitting a soft patch in the first quarter.
* Durable goods data is expected to show business investment spending plans fell 0.2 percent in April. The data is expected at 8:30 a.m. ET (1230 GMT).
* New home sales data at 10:00 a.m. ET is expected to show sales increased to an adjusted annual rate of 510,000 units in April from 481,000 units in March.
* The Conference Board releases its index of consumer attitudes, which is expected to show consumer spending fell slightly in May from April. The data is due at 10:00 a.m. ET.
* The S&P/Case Shiller composite index of 20 metropolitan areas is expected at 9:45 a.m. ET. Continuación...