US STOCKS-Wall St opens lower as stronger dollar weighs
* Business spending rises in April
* Dollar hits one-month high
* Single-family home prices increase in March
* Time Warner Cable up on Charter deal
* Indexes down: Dow 0.6 pct, S&P 0.5 pct, Nasdaq 0.4 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
May 26 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened lower on Tuesday after the dollar jumped to a one-month high on data showing that U.S. business investment spending plans increased solidly for a second straight month in April.
Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said on Friday that the central bank could raise interest rates this year if the economy keeps improving as expected.
The dollar was hovering at an eight-year high against the yen and a one-month peak against a basket of other big currencies. Continuación...