WRAPUP 8-World soccer rocked by U.S., Swiss arrests of officials for graft
(Adds Asia Confederation in paragraph 5, fan reaction in paragraph 43)
* Nine FIFA officials, five corporate executives indicted
* Seven top soccer figures arrested in Switzerland
* Authorities seek arrests of others - U.S. prosecutors
* High-ranking officials in Switzerland for FIFA Congress
* Swiss criminal probe related to Russia, Qatar World Cups
By Mike Collett, Brian Homewood and Nate Raymond
ZURICH/NEW YORK, May 27 (Reuters) - The world's most popular sport was plunged into turmoil on Wednesday as seven senior soccer officials were arrested on U.S. corruption charges and faced extradition from Switzerland, whose authorities also announced a criminal investigation into the awarding of the next two World Cups.
The arrests in a dawn raid at a five-star Zurich hotel mark an unprecedented blow against soccer's governing body FIFA, which for years has been dogged by allegations of corruption but always escaped major criminal cases. Continuación...