CORRECTED-WRAPUP 7-FBI extends FIFA scrutiny to World Cup host bids of Russia, Qatar
(Corrects to Blazer from Blatter, paragraph 6)
* U.S. investigation of world soccer body gathers pace
* Qatar and Russia deny wrongdoing in bids
* Blatter resignation bombshell to world soccer
* South Africa confirms $10 million payment
* Informer's court case shows bribes in 1998 and 2010 World Cup
By Mark Hosenball and Katharina Bart
NEW YORK/ZURICH, June 3 (Reuters) - The FBI's investigation of bribery and corruption at FIFA includes scrutiny of how soccer's governing body awarded World Cup hosting rights to Russia and Qatar, a U.S. law enforcement official said.
Russia and Qatar have denied wrongdoing in the conduct of their bids for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments, which were not the subject of charges announced by U.S. prosecutors a week ago against FIFA officials that stunned world soccer. Continuación...