US STOCKS-Futures higher ahead of ECB meeting, private jobs data
* Futures up: Dow 54 pts, S&P 7 pts, Nasdaq 18.25 pts
By Tanya Agrawal
June 3 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Wednesday ahead of the European Central Bank's monetary policy meeting and the release of private sector job numbers.
* The ECB is widely expected to reaffirm its commitment to a trillion-euro asset purchase program.
* U.S. private employers are expected to have added 200,000 jobs in May, a jump from the 169,000 jobs added in April. The data, expected at 8:15 a.m. ET (1215 GMT), is a precursor to the U.S. Labor Department's non-farm payrolls report on Friday, which includes both public and private-sector employment.
* Also due on Wednesday are trade deficit numbers for April at 8:30 a.m. ET and the Institute for Supply Management's non-manufacturing index for May at 10:00 a.m.
* Investors have been keeping a keen eye on economic data for clues on the timing of a rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve - the first in nearly a decade.
* U.S. stock markets closed down on Tuesday as a jump in bond yields hit utilities and other top dividend payers.
* Synchronoss Technologies' shares jumped 17.6 percent to $50 in premarket trading after the Wall Street Journal reported that the software maker was working on a possible sale that could be valued at more than $2 billion. Continuación...