US STOCKS-Wall St down on rate hike timing worries
* Nasdaq, S&P 500 touch lowest level in a month
* Apple down; biggest drag on Nasdaq, S&P
* Wall St banks expect Fed rate hike in September
* Airline stocks fall on comments from Qatar Airways
* Indexes down: Dow 0.23 pct, S&P 0.34 pct, Nasdaq 0.59 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
June 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were weaker in early afternoon trading on Monday as investors weighed the prospect of the Federal Reserve raising interest rates as soon as September, after Friday's strong jobs report.
The declines follow three straight weeks of losses, with the Dow and S&P touching their lowest in a month.
The stronger-than-expected jobs data for May and a pickup in wages were the latest signs of improved momentum in the economy, prompting expectations of a rate hike sooner rather than later. Continuación...