US STOCKS-Dow opens higher for first time in five days
* U.S. dollar hits three-week low
* Weekly applications for home mortgages rise
* Netflix hits new life-high
* HCC Insurance jumps on $7.5 bln offer
* Indexes up: Dow 0.8 pct, S&P 0.7 pct, Nasdaq 0.5 pct (Update to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
June 10 (Reuters) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average opened higher on Wednesday for the first time in five days and returned to positive territory for the year as a selloff in the equities market took a breather.
The Nasdaq Composite snapped a four-day losing streak, rising the most in a month, and the S&P was positive for the second day in a row.
U.S. stocks ended flat on Tuesday, after three days of decline as financial and consumer staples shares bounced. Continuación...