US STOCKS-Nasdaq just shy of all-time high on strong data
* Host of data points to firming economy
* Weekly jobless claims fall to 15-year low
* Nasdaq tops 52-week high; just shy of all-time record
* Fitbit shares soar in IPO debut
* Indexes up: Dow 1.1 pct, S&P 0.96 pct, Nasdaq 1.28 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
June 18 (Reuters) - Wall Street jumped in late morning trading with the Nasdaq less than a point short of its all-time high after strong data suggested that the economy is improving and the Federal Reserve hinted that it will go slow with the pace of an interest rate hike.
The Nasdaq topped its 52-week high on April 27 and was just shy of its all-time high on March 10, 2000. The S&P and Dow were at their highest levels since early June.
The Fed said on Wednesday that the U.S. economy is likely strong enough to withstand an interest rate increase later this year but cut its economic growth forecasts for 2015 because of a weak start to the year. Continuación...