US STOCKS-Wall Street opens higher on Greek deal hopes
* Global markets higher on Greece deal optimism
* Existing home sales data expected
* Nasdaq hits new record high
* Cigna shares up after rebuffing Anthem's $47 bln offer
* Indexes up: Dow 0.69 pct, S&P 0.7 pct, Nasdaq 0.7 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
June 22 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened higher on Monday, with the Nasdaq Composite index hitting a new record high, after optimism grew that Greece may be able to strike a last-minute deal with its international creditors to avert a default.
Nasdaq touched a high of 5,156.98, surpassing the previous high of 5,143.32 it had set last week.
Eurogroup chairman Jeroen Dijsselbloem said proposals from Greece were positive and could be the basis of an agreement later this week. Continuación...