US STOCKS-U.S. stocks rally on Greek deal optimism
* Global markets higher on Greece deal optimism
* Existing home sales surges to 5-1/2- year high
* Nasdaq hits new record high
* Healthcare stocks rise after M&A chatter
* Indexes up: Dow 0.83 pct, S&P 0.81 pct, Nasdaq 0.66 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
June 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rallied on Monday, with the Nasdaq Composite index hitting a new record high, after euro zone finance ministers welcomed new Greek proposals for a cash-for-reform deal that could avert a debt default.
Nasdaq rose to 5,159.36, surpassing the previous high of 5,143.32 it set last week.
The Eurogroup, however, remained cautious and said the proposals required detailed study and it would take several days to determine whether they can lead to an agreement. Continuación...