US STOCKS-Wall Street up on Greece hopes, M&A chatter
* Global markets higher on Greece deal optimism
* Existing home sales surges to 5-1/2- year high
* Nasdaq hits new record high
* Healthcare stocks rise after M&A chatter
* Indexes up: Dow 0.59 pct, S&P 0.63 pct, Nasdaq 0.62 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
June 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were higher in early afternoon trading on Monday, helped by a surge in M&A chatter, particularly in the healthcare sector, and on hopes that a deal was nearer to avert a looming crisis in Greece.
The Nasdaq Composite index rose to a record 5,159.36 points, while the S&P 500 came just five points shy of its all-time high.
Healthcare stocks led the gain, with the index rising 0.88 percent on the back on deal activity in the sector. Continuación...