US STOCKS-US stocks set to open higher on consumer spending data
* May consumer spending highest in six years
* Weekly jobless claims rise
* No breakthrough in Greek debt talks
* IAC jumps after plans for IPO of online dating business
* Futures up: Dow 49 pts, S&P 5 pts, Nasdaq 14 pts (Adds details, comment, updates shares)
By Tanya Agrawal
June 25 (Reuters) - Wall Street was set to open higher on Thursday as data showed that the U.S. economy was on the path to recovery after consumer spending recorded its largest increase in nearly six years.
Investors have been keeping a sharp eye on economic data for signs of a recovery in the U.S. economy, which came to a crawl in the first quarter, as the Federal Reserve prepares to raise interest rates for the first time in almost a decade.
The Commerce Department said consumer spending increased 0.9 percent last month, the biggest gain since August 2009, after the 0.1 percent rise in April. Personal income increased 0.5 percent last month after a similar gain in April. Continuación...