US STOCKS-Wall Street opens higher as consumer spending data jumps
* May consumer spending highest in six years
* Weekly jobless claims rise
* No breakthrough in Greek debt talks
* IAC jumps after plans for IPO of online dating business
* Indexes up: Dow 0.07 pct, S&P 0.02 pct, Nasdaq 0.09 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
June 25 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened higher on Thursday as data showed that the U.S. economy was on the path to recovery after consumer spending recorded its largest increase in nearly six years.
Investors have been keeping a sharp eye on economic data for signs of a recovery in the U.S. economy, which came to a crawl in the first quarter, as the Federal Reserve prepares to raise interest rates for the first time in almost a decade.
The Commerce Department said consumer spending increased 0.9 percent last month, the biggest gain since August 2009, after a 0.1 percent rise in April. Personal income increased 0.5 percent last month after a similar gain in April. Continuación...