US STOCKS-Futures little changed ahead of Apple earnings
* Futures: Dow down 15 pts, S&P unchanged, Nasdaq up 7 pts
By Tanya Agrawal
July 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Tuesday ahead of a raft of earnings from technology giants, including Apple, and as the dollar continued to trade at a three-month high.
* The dollar index was down marginally at $97.88, its highest level since April on firming expectation of a U.S. interest rate hike later in the year.
* A fall in commodities capped gains on Monday with gold and other precious metals trading near five-year lows.
* Oil prices continued their downward spiral with U.S. crude oil falling below $50 earlier on Tuesday.
* Tech giants such as Yahoo, Microsoft and Apple are scheduled to report results after the closing. Strong earnings from technology companies have been driving gains in the Nasdaq.
* On Friday, the Nasdaq composite touched a new intra-day high for the third straight day while the S&P 500 was just shy of its all-time high.
* While markets are at record highs, June-quarter earnings of S&P 500 companies are expected to dip 2.1 percent, with revenue dropping 2.1 percent, according to Thomson Reuters data. Continuación...