US STOCKS-Apple, other tech stocks weigh on Wall St
* Apple slumps after revenue forecast misses expectations
* Microsoft, Yahoo lower after results disappoint
* Baker Hughes, Halliburton fall after report on merger
* Thoratec jumps after $3.4 bln St. Jude deal
* Indexes down: Dow 0.48 pct, S&P 0.34 pct, Nasdaq 0.87 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
July 22 (Reuters) - Wall Street declined in early afternoon trading on Wednesday, with the tech-heavy Nasdaq composite falling more than 1 percent after disappointing results from technology giants including Apple, the world's largest publicly traded company.
Apple shares slumped as much as 6.7 percent to $121.99, a day after the iPhone maker's revenue forecast for the fourth quarter fell below expectations.
The stock was the biggest drag on all three major indexes and contributed 40 points to the Dow's overall decline. Continuación...