US STOCKS-Nasdaq rebounds but weak results weigh on Dow, S&P
* Weekly jobless claims lowest since 1973
* Caterpillar falls after lower quarterly profit
* GM jumps after adjusted profit more than doubles
* Visa, AT&T and Amazon results expected after the bell
* Dow falls 0.23 pct, S&P down 0.05 pct, Nasdaq up 0.14 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
July 23 (Reuters) - The Nasdaq composite edged up on Thursday after two days of losses, while the S&P 500 and Dow were lower on weak earnings from bellwethers such as 3M and Caterpillar.
The two stocks, together with American Express, contributed 104 points to Dow's fall.
Caterpillar shares fell as much as 3.4 percent to a four-year low of $77.03 after the world's largest construction and mining equipment maker reported sales decline in key markets in a sluggish global economy. Continuación...