US STOCKS-U.S. stocks higher; 3M, Caterpillar weigh on Dow
* Weekly jobless claims lowest since 1973
* Caterpillar falls after lower quarterly profit
* GM jumps after adjusted profit more than doubles
* Visa, AT&T and Amazon results expected after the bell
* Dow falls 0.09 pct, S&P up 0.05 pct, Nasdaq up 0.42 pct (Adds details, adds comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
July 23 (Reuters) - The Nasdaq composite and the S&P 500 were higher on Thursday after two days of losses, while the Dow Jones industrial average was at a week-low on disappointing results from bellwethers such as 3M and Caterpillar .
The two stocks, together with American Express, contributed 55 points to the Dow's fall.
Caterpillar shares fell as much as 3.4 percent to a four-year low of $77.03 after the world's largest construction and mining equipment maker reported sales decline in key markets in a sluggish global economy. Continuación...