US STOCKS-Wall Street rises after China market steadies
* Two-day Fed meeting begins on Tuesday
* China says regulators will continue buying shares
* June consumer confidence falls to lowest level since Sept
* Baidu slumps after results miss expectations
* Indexes up: Dow 0.77 pct, S&P 0.91 pct, Nasdaq 0.66 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
July 28 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were higher on Tuesday and were on track to break a five-day losing streak as a selloff in Chinese stocks eased and investors shifted focus to corporate earnings.
China's top securities regulator said on Monday that Beijing would keep buying shares to stabilize the market, after the steepest decline in Chinese stocks in eight years.
Baidu slumped as much as 17.7 percent to $162.72 after China's biggest Internet search company's quarterly profit missed estimates. Continuación...