US STOCKS-Wall St higher ahead of Fed meeting
* Fed statement expected at 2 p.m. ET
* Twitter slumps after monthly average users growth slows
* General dynamics leads aerospace stocks higher
* Pending home sales fall in June
* Indexes up: Dow 0.49 pct, S&P 0.43 pct, Nasdaq 0.13 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
July 29 (Reuters) - Wall Street was higher on Wednesday as investors assessed earning ahead of a statement from the U.S. Federal Reserve that could give clues regarding the timing of a rate hike.
Investors are focused on the outcome of the Fed's two-day policy meeting with markets divided on whether it will take a hawkish or dovish stance. No move on rates is expected this week.
In a recent congressional testimony, Fed Chair Janet Yellen neither ruled out a September interest rate hike nor guided the market toward thinking it was a done deal. The statement is expected at 2 p.m. ET (1800 GMT). Continuación...