US STOCKS-Wall St recovers as data points to growing economy
* Second-qtr GDP rises 2.3 pct vs 2.6 pct est
* Facebook falls after results
* P&G slips after 6th straight sales decline
* Skechers, Mondelez jump after profits beat expectations
* Dow up 0.02 pct, S&P unchanged, Nasdaq up 0.38 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
July 30 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 almost recovered the day's losses while the Dow and Nasdaq were higher in afternoon trading on Thursday as investors digested earnings and GDP data showed that the economy grew in the second quarter.
Procter & Gamble fell 3.7 percent after the company reported its sixth straight quarter of lower sales while Facebook shares fell 2.6 percent after the social media company's profit decreased.
Mondelez International rose 4.9 percent to $45.22 after reporting results that beat expectations. Continuación...