US STOCKS-Futures little changed ahead of raft of data
* Futures: Dow up 8 pts, S&P down 0.5 pts, Nasdaq unchanged
By Tanya Agrawal
Aug 3 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Monday as investors await another batch of earning reports and a raft of economic data.
* Wall Street closed lower on Friday following poor results from Exxon Mobil and Chevron and a decline in oil prices amid oversupply concerns.
* Oil prices hit six-month lows earlier in the day, knocked by fresh evidence of growing oversupply and data highlighting slowing demand in China, leaving crude prices on course for their weakest third-quarter performance since the financial crisis in 2008.
* The Greek stock market slumped when it reopened on Monday after being shut for five weeks.
* In the United States, consumer consumption numbers for June are expected at 8:30 a.m. ET (1230 GMT). The numbers are expected to rise 0.2 percent, compared with a 0.9 percent rise in May.
* Construction spending data for June is expected at 10 a.m. ET and automobile sales for July are scheduled to be released at 1:30 p.m. ET.
* Investors have been keeping a sharp eye on economic data for clues regarding the timing of the first rate increase in nearly a decade. The U.S. Federal Reserve has said it will hike interest rates only when it sees a sustained recovery in the economy. Continuación...