US STOCKS-Futures higher ahead of private sector job numbers
* Futures up: Dow 42 pts, S&P 10 pts, Nasdaq 19 pts
By Tanya Agrawal
Aug 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Wednesday as investors awaited private employment data for July, which will provide a snapshot of the labor market ahead of the critical non-farm payrolls data on Friday.
* Private payrolls processor ADP is expected to report that private firms added fewer jobs in July than in June. The data is expected at 8:15 a.m. ET (1215 GMT).
* U.S. stocks finished lower on Tuesday for a third straight session as investors worried about a rise in interest rates and Apple's shares hit their lowest in over six months.
* Atlanta Federal Reserve President Dennis Lockhart told the Wall Street Journal that September may be the right time for the U.S. Federal Reserve to lift interest rates.
* The dollar index rose to its highest in more than three months against a basket of currencies and U.S. Treasury yields rebounded from two-month lows, a day after Lockhart's comments.
* The Fed has said it needs to see a sustained economic recovery before it raises interest rates for the first time in nearly a decade.
* A batch of soft economic data had prompted some investors to argue that the Fed might hold off on raising rates until December. Continuación...