US STOCKS-Wall St off session lows as Apple reverses course
* Apple up 1 pct, biggest boost to Dow, S&P and Nasdaq
* Financials weigh as yuan rise clouds US rate hike timing
* CBOE volatility index jumps to one-month high
* Alibaba falls to record low as revenue growth slows
* Indexes down: Dow 0.9 pct, S&P 0.8 pct, Nasdaq 0.9 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
Aug 12 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were off session lows in afternoon trading on Wednesday, but stayed sharply lower, as the continued decline in the yuan exacerbated fears about a global economic slowdown.
Apple, for whom China is key growth market, fell 3.4 percent earlier in the session, before reversing course to trade up 1 percent to $114.64.
The stock gave the biggest boost to the Dow, S&P 500 and the Nasdaq, helping the U.S. markets cut their losses. Continuación...