US STOCKS-Wall St up as consumer, financial stocks lead gains
* Strong data puts September rate hike back in focus
* Rate hike hopes buoy financial stocks
* Cisco up after strong results; boosts S&P, Nasdaq
* Oil prices near six-year lows
* Indexes up: Dow 0.3 pct, S&P 0.3 pct, Nasdaq 0.5 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
Aug 13 (Reuters) - Wall Street rose in early afternoon trading on Thursday, helped by a rally in financial and consumer discretionary stocks after strong U.S. economic data put the likelihood of a September rate hike back on the table.
Cisco rallied 3.9 percent to $28.99, set for its best day since February, after its profit beat expectations. The stock gave the biggest boost to the Nasdaq and the S&P.
U.S. retail sales rebounded in July, while the trend of weekly jobless claims pointed to a tightening job market, increasing the likelihood that the Federal Reserve would raise interest rates as early as September. Continuación...