US STOCKS-U.S. stocks fall as energy, material stocks weigh
* Chinese stocks reverse sharp losses to end higher
* All 10 S&P sectors down; materials, energy worst hit
* Fed minutes expected at 2 p.m. ET
* Target up, Lowe's little changed after results
* Indexes down: Dow 0.73 pct, S&P 0.81 pct, Nasdaq 0.79 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
Aug 19 (Reuters) - Wall Street fell in a broad based retreat at the open on Wednesday as energy and material stocks were hit by the gyrations in the Chinese markets for the second day in a row.
Chinese stocks reversed sharp declines and ended higher after the central bank injected more funds into the financial system. The roller coaster ride in the market kept commodity prices under pressure, with oil and copper near six-year lows.
All the 10 major sectors were lower, with the material index's 1.06 percent fall leading the decliners. Du Pont and Dow Chemicals were down about 1 percent and weighed the most on the index. Continuación...