US STOCKS-Wall St falls sharply on China worries; Fed minutes eyed
* Chinese stocks reverse sharp losses to end higher
* All 10 S&P sectors down; energy, materials worst hit
* Fed minutes expected at 2 p.m. ET
* S&P posts worst 2-day loss since late July
* Indexes down: Dow 1.11 pct, S&P 1.07 pct, Nasdaq 1.09 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
Aug 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell more than 1 percent on Wednesday as investors worried about the effect of China's slowing growth ahead of the minutes from the latest U.S. Fed meeting that could give clues regarding the timing of a rate increase.
The S&P 500 posted its worst two-day loss since late July, while the Dow Jones industrial average and the Nasdaq composite posted their worst declines in about a week.
Energy and material stocks were whipsawed by wild swings in the Chinese market for the second day in a row. Continuación...